I find that coats are the hardest item of clothing to shop for. It’s expensive, so not an item you buy by the truckload, but you’ll wear it everyday for a good 5 months! My (exhausting) approach to coat shopping is to scope out coats at all my favourite shops (and there are plenty of them!) to make sure I’ve considered all my options before picking ‘the one’ :). So after months of searching I was delighted to find this grey ‘See by Chloe’ coat.
Whilst grey is a bit of a cliched winter colour, there are a few things that makes my new coat stand out:
- low hanging pockets
- fabric texture, which gives it a furry look
- oversized fit and long cut adds to the cosy factor
- …..and this is my first grey coat!
Here are some of my tips for coat shopping:
- go for a colour you don’t already own
- try out a shape and length that is different to your existing coats
- go for tweed if your existing coats are monotone
- look for standout features; buttons, pockets or zips can add to the creativity
- keep it practical and versatile – I prefer to go for classics rather than on-trend options to last me several years
GET THE LOOK:
Coat: See by Chloe (available at Harrods), Farfetch
Dress: DVF (old)